Finding a mate is especially challenging for Single Black Women

If we were to believe everything we read in popular media, the lines to join the nunnery would be out the door, filled with hundreds of thousands of single black women. According to study after study, the prospects are slim to none for SBW hoping to find a compatible mate. Six Degrees From Love journals the life of a SBW and her struggles with dating and other related aspects of her personal and social lives. Could this be the one SBW who'll find the one who'll put a ring on it?


Friday, February 3, 2012

Moving Day!!

I’m dusting off and breathing some life back into this blog.  When it was first launched on V-Day last year I’d hoped it could become a place where a group of single black women could openly discuss their ups and downs in relationships.  Unfortunately that only lasted a few months because logistically it just wasn’t manageable.  So like a large percentage of blogs it died a very quick death.  But now … I am back and this time I’m going at it all alone.

Here’s where I am with everything.
1-      Today is moving day, and in a few hours everything I own (including my son) will be packed in a truck and headed southbound on I-95 to Raleigh, NC.  I’m originally from NC and have previously lived in Raleigh, so for me – I’m going back home.

2-      I’m single – completely 100% unattached.  For nearly two years I’ve been back and forth, up and down, and in and out of the same relationship, which mind you at times was something I wasn’t always able to define.  So with it ending recently, though my heart is broken, I am slowly learning to see how having a resolution (regardless of how much it hurts) is better then stringing something/ someone  along.  But that’s not what this platform is about.


And in my attempt to “dive right in” I begin my campaign for love on Match.com of course.  I’m still learning how to navigate the site, but I’ll tell you – I’m already entertained. 

Do you have any ideas on the best ways to approach on-line dating?

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful post! Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us! I hope to read more of your post which is very informative and useful to all the readers. I salute writers like you for doing a great job! Pittsburgh Moving Companies PA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Realize only a small percentage of people online are truly looking for companionship and/or love. The majority are keeping their options open. :-) LOL

    ReplyDelete