Finding a mate is especially challenging for Single Black Women

If we were to believe everything we read in popular media, the lines to join the nunnery would be out the door, filled with hundreds of thousands of single black women. According to study after study, the prospects are slim to none for SBW hoping to find a compatible mate. Six Degrees From Love journals the life of a SBW and her struggles with dating and other related aspects of her personal and social lives. Could this be the one SBW who'll find the one who'll put a ring on it?


Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Blown Away

I finally decided that I needed to take a step back and look at myself, and look at the men I choose to date. Shaking off that "pretty boy swagg" thing was very difficult. I was very "blown away" when I first met him in person. I had friended him on FB because he is my cousin's best friend. I needed to escape the office so he invited me to lunch. I said sure, why not! So when he walked up tall, dark, and swagged out. I was like OH NO! There was instant attraction, but I stayed cool this was a friendly lunch. We hit it off during lunch, he was the perfect gentleman, VERY SMART AND HARD WORKING. I left him that day blown away. I didn't expect him! He asked me out again. We have now been on 5 dates. It's going good. I'm taking my time, not getting too caught up. Interesting to see how it turns out once FB knows and my cousin HMMMMMMMM!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun..enjoy yourself! And your cousin will be just fine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds exciting, hopefully promising

    ReplyDelete